Karnataka GST Number Online In 5 Minutes
The GST is meant to be a indirect tax across the country on products and services. In the current system, tax is levied at each stage separately by the Union government and the States at varying rates, on the full value of the goods. But under the GST system, tax will be levied only on the value added at each stage. From July onwards, according to our Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi GST will be applicable in each and every state. There will be two components of GST – Central GST (CGST) and State GST (SGST) – levied on the value of goods and services. The GST is an indirect tax collected from customers who buy manufactured goods or services. In this article, we will give you the details about the Karnataka State GST number online Registration in 5 Minutes.
Karnataka GST Number Online Registration Process
- Visit the GST registration portal by clicking on the linked mentioned: https://www.gst.gov.in
- New users click on “New User Login”.
- Enter Provisional ID/ Temporary Password & Received from your VAT Department and then press “Log in”.
- Now, you need to add your Email ID & Mobile Number for verification purpose through OTP.
- After successful Verification, again go back to the GST Portal and click on “Existing User Login”.
- Fill and Upload all the details and documents asked and click on Save & Continue.
- Now, you will be asked to fill the details of Proprietors/Partners of your Firm, if any (also upload & fill the documents and details)
- Fill the Complete Details of Authorized Signatory.
- Now, select the place of Business. eg. for Maharastra Merchants select Maharashtra with the city name.
- Now, Add Bank Account Details and Upload the documents.
- Click Verification checkbox and submit with DSC.
- Click on Submit to save your details and documents.
Impact Of GST on Common People
The impact of the GST on the prices of goods and services/ Common People will largely depend on the item in question. It will also depend upon the respective State governments and their intervention with respect to controlling prices of essential commodities.
Last Date of Karnataka GST Registration 2017
There is a relief to all the tax payers as the last date of GST Registration has been extended for three months whereas the online GST registration will start from 28th June 2017.