Our honorable Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi along with his government has made it clear that from 1st July onwards India will have 1 TAX for the whole nation. GST will come in action from 1st July 2017. GST stands for Goods and Service Tax, the Tax for sale, manufacture, and consumption of goods & services at the National level. Now, all the VAT number holders of Maharastra State are advised to collect their GST number. But the question arises how? Not to worry, through this article, we will let you know about the whole procedure to collect the GST number.
WHO WILL ASSIGN THE GST NUMBER?
The Modi Government has assigned the duty of giving GST number to all the VAT number holders to the State Government. It is compulsory for all Old VAT, Excise, CST, Sales Tax dealers to complete online GST registration. Late registration might cause you a penalty. Check below for the complete procedure to generate a GST number in Maharashtra.
HOW TO GET A NEW GST NUMBER IN MAHARASHTRA
To generate a new GST number in Maharashtra, follow the steps mentioned below in the manner told:
- Visit the GST registration portal by clicking on the linked mentioned: https://www.gst.gov.in
- New users click on “New User Login”.
- Enter Provisional ID/ Temporary Password & Received from your VAT Department and then press “Log in”.
- Now, you need to add your Email ID & Mobile Number for verification purpose through OTP.
- After successful Verification, again go back to the GST Portal and click on “Existing User Login”.
- Fill and Upload all the details and documents asked and click on Save & Continue.
- Now, you will be asked to fill the details of Proprietors/Partners of your Firm, if any (also upload & fill the documents and details)
- Fill the Complete Details of Authorized Signatory.
- Now, select the place of Business. eg. for Maharastra Merchants select Maharashtra with the city name.
- Now, Add Bank Account Details and Upload the documents.
- Click Verification checkbox and submit with DSC.
- Click on Submit to save your details and documents.
- After validation of DSC PIN, a success message will be displayed and you will receive an acknowledgment and ARN receipt on your registered Email and Mobile Number.
GST REGISTRATION PROCEDURE MAHARASHTRA VAT
- All the existing tax payers will receive an Acknowledgement Reference Number (ARN) on their registered Email ID and Mobile Number by which they can download the Provisional Registration Certificate from GST website. The Provisional Registration Certificate will be made available for download from 28th June 2017.
- All the Existing Tax Payers are advised to completely upload all the details remaining in the form by logging into GST Portal.
LAST DATE OF GST REGISTRATION
There is a relief to all the tax payers as the last date of GST Registration has been extended for three months whereas the online GST registration will start from 25th June 2017.